12 Mar Tipping’s Tips – Vanilla Ice Cream
Back in 2010, Luke had his own column in the Birmingham Mail giving readers cooking tips making life easier in the kitchen. 10 years on and Luke is back giving his cookery tips, this time a simple Vanilla Ice Cream, adding the finishing touch to your dessert.
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 600ml whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 150g double cream
- 90g egg yolk
- 130g caster sugar
- Begin by placing the milk and cream in a pan and bring to the boil
- In a separate bowl, place the sugar, egg and the vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Once the milk and the cream has boiled, slowly whisk into the sugar and egg mix.
- Place the liquid into the pan on medium heat, continue mixing over the heat.
- Bring the mixture up to 82°C, once at 82°C pass through a sieve and set aside in the fridge to cool down.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine, leaving it to churn for 10-30 minutes (depending on your machine).
Learn How To Cook at the Simpsons Cookery School